Monday 23 March 2009

LESSON 9 - REFLECTIVE NOTES ON THE OBSERVED SESSION 2

Observed Session 2 – Lesson 9:

Today this lesson was also observed for my PDA. Parts in which worked well in this lesson were: the first 3 tasks worked so well. They enjoyed the first one because it was a great energy booster game and got them moving and motivated. The second one worked because it was a complete contrast from the first task. The second task had a completely different energy about it. It was much more demanding in terms of the amount of energy and force they had to use for the task to be successful. Both tasks successfully covered what I was trying to do in this lesson, which was experiment with energies in movement. The third task was really interesting and rewarding for them to see. It showed how a simple task can create great creative and interesting movement. I was really pleased with this lesson.

The one thing I would change about this lesson is the last task. The previous tasks were so interesting and engaging to the students that they wanted to develop them, so much so that we completely ran out of time to start the last task. I told them what the last task was and how it was a development of the other tasks and that we would carry on with this lesson next week. So my lesson for next week will have to be rearranged. My time is the major issue in all my lessons. I find that an hour lesson for choreography isn’t enough. It doesn’t give you enough time to develop your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment